Thursday 21 March 2013

Winning the Lottery!

Me and Danny were having a conversation yesterday when I was on my way home from work about winning the lottery & what we would do with the money if we won. In this situation we had one the euro millions - A total of £72 Million pounds!

We discovered that Danny would probably end up broke after a couple of years - Going on luxury holidays, buying expensive homes and buying  countless amounts of things!

Now, If I was to win that kind of money, This is what I would like too do -
  • Open savings account for my Brother & Sister with around £200,000 each. I would not give them access to this money until they can appreciate what they have been given. I would not like to pass over that kind of money for them to waste it away. I would like them to purchase a home, decorate it, take their families on holiday, buy a car, put their children in good schools - Something like that. At their age, and how they are with money, I don't think they are ready for the responsibility of a large some of money.
  • Buy myself a property. When I say buy myself a property, I do not mean a big old mansion (even though I could afford it). I mean a reasonable sized one, around 4/5 bedrooms, with a games room (For Danny), a mini room as a wardrobe & makeup station, maybe an outdoor pool. I would purchase this in Bournemouth & this would be my main home. Maybe spend around £600,000-£800,000 on a property. Maybe slightly more. If I found the perfect property but I don't think I would like to spend more than £1 million pounds on a property. I would also get another property, a flat, in London
  • Buy my mums house. Not going into too much details, my mum kind of owns our house but it is very complicated. She only needs X amount of money and it would be hers. So I would pay the money she needs to buy her brother out, & then I would buy the house so it was mortgage free. And then let her live in it. She will pay the bills but not have to worry about a mortgage.
  • Open a business. Now some of my friends may find this a surprise but I WOULD NOT like to open a salon. For years I wanted to open a salon and give the ultimate salon experience. But the way the economy is, not many people would want that as it would be quite pricey! So, I have binned that idea as it would cost me more to run than making a profit. I would like to create a plus size clothing line. This is big business and the larger people will pay more money for clothes. This is a market that fashion designer's are missing out on. Their are a lot of websites that sell plus size clothes but I think, they think, we all dress like middle aged woman! I would create a fashion line that has all the new fashion and current fashions. Basically, the clothes the skinny models are wearing, I would make that available in larger sizes. Going up to around a 30-32.
  • Take my family on Holiday. This speaks for itself. My family have only been on holiday together twice in our life time. I would love for us all to go again. Somewhere nice, hot & beautiful. No idea where but somewhere.
  • Obviously, pay of my debts. I don't have a lot. Even winning £2000.00 I could pay off my debts and go on a decently little shopping trip!
  • Treat my closest friends. I would like to take them to a spa day of complete pampering. We work very hard and sometimes in life, we need a break! This is what I would do & then we would go shopping!

I think that is the main things I would do. There would probably be more, but these are the main things I would LOVE to do!

My questions is, what would you do if you won the lottery?

Hope you had a lovely day!

Love Lolly

xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment