Saturday 16 March 2013

Make Up for Today



Me and Danny decided we would go out for dinner tonight so I thought while I am making myself look 'beautiful' (LOL) I would take some pictures of what I used to create this look. Its just a light smokey eye with a small flick eyeliner and pale lips. I will list all the items below with a rough price & description.








So Starting with the skin!

1. NYC Sun to Sun Bronzer Bonze - £3 - I used the lighter side. I have very pale skin and the darker side is just way to dark for my skin tone. This is a really great bronzer for £3 and I think it lasts pretty much all day. I just use this along my cheek bones. I'm not a massive fan of blusher so I use this instead.
2.Rimmel Stay Matte powder foundation in 001 Transparent - Around £4/5 - I just started using this powder and I love it. I think the coverage is very nice. I don't like to look very powdery but also I don't like the very wet & shiny look that some liquid foundations give, so this is a nice light coverage.
3. NYC all day long foundation in 737 classic ivory - £4- I love this foundation! It has such good coverage for a foundation that is only £4! I would highly recommend this to anyone. I have a lot of blemishes on my face and I think this foundation is just perfect!
4. MUA BB all in one - £4/5 - This is a great primer, concealer and foundation all together! I use this under my eyes and over my blemishes and it really takes all the redness and darkness away! As you can see I have nearly finished this one and I will defiantly be purchasing another one! I sometime will just use this if I am in a hurry to get out. I love this product!


Now onto the eye shadows I used.

This is a pallet that I got from eBay about 5/6 months ago from China. It's a great all round neutral pallet. I think I got it for around £8! The colour pay off is also very good and they do last for a long time!
Starting from top to bottom I used a light colour for all over my lids up to my brow bone, then I used a very matte, very light brown colour just on my lids. Finally, I used the dark brown just on the corner of my lids and my under my brow bone using windshield wiper motions.

 

Now moving onto Eyes, Eyebrows & Lips.

1. NYC Big & Bold Mascara in Black - £3/4 - I love this mascara. It does exactly what you want it too. Makes my lashes look very full & very long! I usually find myself buying all different kinds of mascaras but this is the first one where I have bought it multiple times!

2. Collection 2000 fast stroke liquid eyeliner in Black - £2/3 - I have been using the liquid eyeliner for as long as I have been doing makeup. I find this one of the best liquid eyeliners and I find it very easy to apply. I hadn't been using liquid eyeliners for a while as for Christmas I got a MAC gel liner and was in love with it but I have got back in the liquid eyeliner and I must say I love it!
3.MAC Fluidline in Blacktacks - £14 - I use this to darken my tightline so I can get that extra black look and it makes your eye look that little bit more bolder! I don't often use pencil eyeliners on my eyes as I feel that they don't stay on my eyes for long and I end up with most of it under my eyes looking like a panda. I prefer gel eyeliners or liquid eyeliners. I love this gel liner, I have had it since Christmas and it hasn't dried up. I had a Maybelline gel liner and after a month I found it wasn't as creamy as it once was! So this time MAC, you win!
4. MAC Cremesheen lipstick in Crème Cup - £14 - I love this lipstick! I wear it quite a lot. I had been looking for the perfect lipstick for a long time and I gave in and bought this one at MAC and I must say I totally love it! I use it on a daily basis! The smell of MAC lipstick is incredible!
5. No7 Amazing Eyes Pencil in 10 Brown - FREE! - Now, I do not use this as an eyeliner, I use this for my eyebrows. It has such a lovely texture & colour and for a freebee, why not! My mum had spent so much in No7 & she got a free gift and these eyeliner and always in them! I think I currently have 4 of them! They are the prefect travel size and its a lovely colour payoff! I don't really need to do a lot to my eyebrows. I mainly just fill in the end of my brows as there are a lot lighter than the rest.

So, this is everything I used with just a short description of each product. I hope you liked it and think of maybe doing this look yourself! Let me know if you like this kind of blog and maybe I'll do some more!

Loves Lollyyyy!!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment