Sunday 19 May 2013

April & May Glossybox Review

I decided to jump on the bandwagon and subscribe to Glossybox. To people who do not know, It is a monthly subscription of £12.95pm and each month you get 5 luxary sample items. I love trying new things but sometimes if you go out and buy the product and its not something you like, you think, what a waste of money. With Glossybox you get 5 random samples (Sometimes full size) products of new up and coming beauty, skin & hair products. So every month I will do a blog post of everything I got and a first review.

April GlossyBox


1. Richard Ward Couture Hair Style Reviver(50ml)  - Full size 150ml usually £19.00
This is basically hairspray in fancy words. I like it but I wasn't Wowed by it. I usually use Tresemme Freeze Hold Hairspray (500ml £4.69) and I think it lasted a lot longer and for the price, I really do not think it is worth it. This is a thumbs down for me,
2. NIP & FAB Dry skin body butter in Mango Smoothie (50ml) - Full Size 200ml usually £9.95
I really like this product and its a very generous sample size I think. It smells amazing. I like body butters and I do like this. I am currently using palmers coco butter but, if I don't have that to hand I use this. This is a thumbs up for me!
3. Etre Belle Collagen & Aleo Vera Face mask (1pack) - Full size is 10 packets for 25.95 EUROS
I hated this products. I'm not a massive fan of face masks, the whole keeping your face still and relaxing. I don't find the relaxing. I would rather have a massage than this. It was very wet on my face which I didn't like either. I left it on for 15 minuets and it was still very wet and I thought it was meant to dry out a little but it didn't. Also, because it is European, the instructions were not in English so I had no idea! Big thumbs down!
4. Yves Rocher France Nutritive Vegetal 24H Crème(15ml) - Full size 50ml for £13.50
I suffer from very dry skin on my face. Especially on my cheeks and forehead and this is a beautiful product. It has really revived my skin. It makes my skin feel all brand new but I don't like the sent. I'm not sure if I would buy it in full size but I do like it. Thumb up!
5. Sunsence Daily Face SPF (10) - Full size 75g for £18.50
I really didn't like the product. I am very much a spring person, I don't mind the sun but I like it too be breezy so I wouldn't usually buy anything with SPF because I don't sit in the sun. I don't like sitting in direct sunlight, I am the person in the shade so I found the product useless. It was very oily and the bottle had like a twist and pull cap so you would only use it once. Big thumbs down

Overall, this was an OK glossybox. For my first ever one I was very disappointed. Considering when I looked online the other products they were giving away (Essie Nail Polish), well it made me very sad! On the other hand I loved the box. This was a special edition box by Pearl Lowe


May GlossyBox


1. Caudalie Divine Oil (15ml) - Full size £4.05 for 15ml
Well this made me happy because it is full size! You might think, only 15ml but because it is oil, how much do you really need. This smells good and I have been using it on my hair. You can also use it on your skin, nails & to a bath. I think I will carry on using this and might even get some more. Thumbs up!
2. L'Occitane En Provence Angelica Hydration Cream (15ml) - 50ml for £30
This smells great, it smells very fresh and makes your skin so soft! I don't I would purchase the full size as I find £30 a lot for cream but I do appreciate it. Again, Thumbs up!
3.Beautiful Movements Cosmetics Prime & Create Mixing Medium (2.5g) - 20g for £20
To be honest, I haven't used this yet so I don't know how good or bad it is. It seams ok when I tested it on my hand and it spread very well. So I will be fair and give it a thumbs up!
4. Jelly Pong Pong Fairly Lashes Mascara - Full size £15
I'm pretty sure this is another full size product. It is massive, if it wasn't it would be interesting to see how big it really is. Again, I have not used this yet. I like the brush on it, Long thing brush applicator. The only down side it is waterproof but, being fair, thumbs up!
5. Headline Colours in Spotlight - Full size £9
Another FULL SIZE ITEM! YAH! I think out of all the colours you could have got, I got the best one. Its a very pale pink colour. Didn't chip for a good couple of days so I like. I love nail varnishes so seeing this in my box, I was VERY HAPPY!
6. YES THERE IS A SIX ITEM. Glossybox own brand nail files.
They are so cute & mini I love it! Just what you need as en emergency file in your bag.

Mays glossybox was so much better. Glossybox celebrated there 2 year anniversary and I had a gut feeling it was going to be a good box, and boy, they did not disappoint!

Hope you enjoyed my blog and I'll see you next month for another Glossybox review.

Love Lolly xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment